Spousal Property Petitions

What we do / Spousal Property Petitions

What is a Spousal Property petition?

A Spousal Property petition is a way to transfer or confirm real or personal property to a surviving spouse that does not necessitate a full probate proceeding. It can usually be completed with only one court hearing. If the deceased spouse’s estate is not complicated, the petition can settle questions about title or ownership of property.

Who can file a Spousal Property petition?

  • The surviving spouse;
  • The representative of a surviving spouse’s estate (if the surviving spouse is also now deceased)
  • The conservator of the surviving spouse’s estate.

Contact Allred Law to represent you in a Spousal Property petition.